Monday, July 9, 2007

Settlers of Catan ...

Every Thursday night my husband stays late at work to play a board game with his friends. He talks about this game all the time and hoe much fun it is but I am not the type to play games or as my husband often says "do anything fun". I often explain to him that the reason that I am like that is because I am the mommy and the mommy gets to play games like laundry, dishes and grocery shopping so I don't have extra time to play "games". All of that changed this past weekend!

On Friday night Travis (my husband) brought home Settlers of Catan, which he borrowed from a friend at work. After a very long day of working and running errands I had agreed to play but I was only half heartily into it and after and hour or so I went to bed. The next morning all I could think about was that game! How I would build my settlements next time, where I would put my roads, etc. I was actually sitting at the kitchen table look at the game and counting down until Travis got up so we could play again. When he got up the first thing we did ws play the game. This went on all weekend and we left the game set up in the kitchen so we could play whenever there was a free hour of time. Then yesterday I finally had to have him pack up the game so I could get all my weekend chores done. But all I thought about was this stupid game and I how I really wanted to play it instead of doing laundry and other household stuff. But I did the responsible thing and cleaned the house, got the laundry done, etc. instead of getting the game back out.

So last night I got on eBay and bought a copy of the game for my family. I did the BUY IT NOW because I didn't want to wait for an auction to end - I need this game ASAP. I can't wait till it gets here so we can play again. Ashleigh even plays and enjoys it! If you ever get a chance to play this game you've got to give it a try!