Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another life stopping moment for the Mommy ...

Bath time in our house is commonly refereed to as "Tubbie Time". Over the last year there have been lots of variations of "Tubbie Time" and lots of changes to the actual process and place of business. For example we use to do Tubbie for Adam in Ashleigh's bathroom which is now called "The Kid's" Bathroom instead of just Ashleigh's bathroom because she has to share it with her brothers - she is SO HAPPY about this she just can't seem to talk about it enough ;-) After Adam would have his Tubbie in the kids bathroom I did Andrew's Tubbie in our master bathroom using the standard baby tub. About two months ago I decided to move Andrew's Tubbie to the kids bathroom but still do the Tubbies separate using the standard baby tub. Then about a month ago I put the baby tub in the tub with Adam and did the tubbies together. But recently we've made the final progression ... the moment I've been waiting and waiting for (literally for those of you who know how hard we tried to have more kids) and the moment that I've been waiting for has finally occurred and it was everything I had hopes it would be and more! I actually sat back and watched my boys play in the tub together and it was one of those moments that just makes you smile and realize life is just so great and all of the crazy people in the world and on GA 400 just disappear and I can find happiness in knowing that as my kids are growing up I truly can stop and enjoy every moment and know that what I have is so special. This might seem deep to some but for me this was a moment that I realized how lucky I was to have what I have. As many of you know the anniversary of the worst day of my life is coming up and I've been thinking about that a lot but at this moment when I took these pictures nothing mattered but what I had and when I look at what I have it make what I've loss hurt less and it teaches me another lesson about how time goes by so fast that you really need to embrace what you have when you've got it because it won't last forever. I would hope in 10 years I won't be sitting on the floor watching my boys take a bath :-) I hope that everyone that reads this post can try to take a moment to find something that makes you feel this way and enjoy it. The feeling you have when you stop and really look at what you have - what's important - what makes you get up every morning and face the battles we all endure - what brings you joy and puts a smile on your face. That moment will make you smile for days and when your smile is gone you just have to look for another one - it will be there - you just have to find it and when you find you will know that THAT IS WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT. THAT IS HAPPINESS :-)
PS - I haven't posted anything this emotional since I was pregnant - let's hope that isn't that case this time :-)

These are pictures ....






These are video's ... there are two of them because I wanted to show them both playing so hard that they wouldn't even look up at me and the other so you can see how much Andrew was enjoying it and what ham Adam can be towards the end :-) One of them has an abrupt end because Adam threw a toy at Andrew :( So maybe it's not always roses but at least I am always in the garden :-)






No comments: